biology1815.02.2018 to 16.02.2018
Université de Neuchâtel
Biology18 is the largest conference of organismic biology in Switzerland and aims to provide a platform for exchange between students, researchers and professors across scientific institutions, research groups and topic areas. Biology18 is also the annual joint meeting of the Swiss Zoological, Botanical, and Systematics societies.
The two-day conference will include four plenary talks by invited speakers, oral presentations by young scientists and a poster session. Keeping with the long tradition, Thursday evening will feature the Darwin Dinner to honor Darwin's birthday.
- Raphaël Arlettaz (U Bern) - Conservation biology and restoration ecology
- Anna-Liisa Laine (U Helsinki) - Ecology and evolution of host-parasite interactions
- Anna-Sapfo Malaspinas (U Lausanne) - Human evolutionary history
- Nicolas Perrin (U Lausanne)
- Klaus Zuberbühler (U Neuchâtel) - Evolution of intelligence and origins of language in non-human primates
Local organizing committee (Université de Neuchâtel)