25 postdocs Environmental Risks
The AXA Research Fund is AXA Group’s science philanthropy initiative dedicated to advancing knowledge on global risks for the benefit of society.
The mission of the AXA Research Fund is to fund academic research dedicated to bettering our understanding of important hazards, risks and threats and our current global societal challenges within four clusters: socioeconomic risks, environmental risks, life risks and the “Fourth Industrial Revolution”.
In 2017 the AXA Research Fund will be offering up to twenty-five (25) Post-Doctoral Fellowships to outstanding researchers. Each grant can be up to one hundred and thirty thousand euros (€130,000) at most and for a duration of eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) month period.
The AXA Research Fund partners with the European Science Foundation (ESF) to carry out the scientific evaluation process.
Call for proposal
As described at page 9 of the Application Guidelines [PDF / 167 KB] (no reference letters are needed at this stage) email to email@example.com before 31 March 2017.
The candidate’s proposal will be evaluated by the University of Padova
Selection Committee first and then by the AXA Research Fund Evaluation
Panel, on the basis of the criteria listed in the Application Guidelines.
• Climate change
• Natural hazards & disaster risk reduction
• Urbanization & Resilience, Transport and Road Safety
• Sustainable Food and Water Management
• Ageing, dependency and long-term care.
• Chronic diseases.
• Well-being and prevention.
• Public Health & healthcare systems.
• Insurance and its influence on the Macroeconomic environment.
• Geopolitics and the dynamics of international relations.
• Sustainability of public & private welfare systems.
• Future of financial markets (low interest rate environment, climate economics...).
“The Fourth Industrial Revolution”
• The technological revolution’s Social & economic impact (Medical digitization, Health innovation, Energy transition, Finance, Internet of Things, Social Networks...).
• Tools and novel approaches to scientific modelling (Bioinformatics, Data Science...).
• Data privacy & Cybersecurity, ethics, values & regulation.
• Artificial intelligence & learning.
• Human behaviors and cyber-physical interactions.
Servizio Ricerca Internazionale